What is DGH?
|DGH Plugin Window||Properties Palette||
|Custom Header using Widgets||Datagrid2 Properties||Search / Find in Datagrids|
|Custom Header using Checkbox||Grand Total Functions||Number Formatting|
Data Grid Helper is a plugin for LiveCode developers. This plugin helps to make developers life easier when managing LiveCode's datagrid object.
DGH is ready for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Mobile (iOS and Android).
The trial version of DGH is available under the GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL) and is fully compatible with the LiveCode Community version.
The Trial version has 2 limitations: it has no updater and it is not possible to register.
1. Its own interface for managing datagrid properties
When using the standard LiveCode interface you have to manage properties of a datagrid for a part in the inspector palette and for another part by code.
When you are using DGH, all the datagrid properties have an interface.
Some examples of properties you have usually to manage by code with datagrids, and fully integrated in DGH:
- text margins for header and rows
- text color for header
- gradient colors for header background and header background hilite
- color for header dividers
- default header behavior and default column behavior. Here DGH allows you to define default behavior by pointing an empty button or a button with a behavior and clicking on it. If the script of the button is empty, DGH fills it with the required code from the datagrid library. This feature is named "Behavior picker".
2. Its own interface for managing datagrid columns
DGH allows the creation or the deletion of columns in a datagrid with a visual interface. When you are defining columns in DGH you are directly working on the datagrid:
- you can select a column by clicking on it (invisible columns included)
- you can reorder columns by drag & drop
- and you have an interface for managing properties you have usually to manage by code such as: defining a column as editable or not, adding a tooltip to a column.
3. Its own interface for managing datagrid templates
In a datagrid, a template is the way to add custom controls in a column or a datagrid form, such as popup menus, radio buttons, etc.
In LiveCode, the regular way for for defining a datagrid's column template, is to edit several groups.
In DGH, you select a column by clicking on its header and you open its template directly in a DGH's special area named "TMPL area". You have two ways for opening the TMPL area:
- by double clicking on the header column
- by using an expand button
Once the template updated, you are able to click on the update button in the "TMPL area" for saving it and you can switch to another template by clicking on the next column label. No need to juggle between groups!
4. Can create scripts for column or form templates
If you have defined a template for a column, DGH can build for you the required script for managing it.
For example, if you have a template containing a popup menu, DGH knows what code is required for managing it, in:
- the fillindata handler
- the menupick handler
The name of this DGH's feature is "Script builder". "Script builder" is able to build on the fly the required handlers structure needed for managing a template. Referring to an internal dictionary it is fully capable to build a coherent code by detecting all the controls in the template.
For text or number content, the "script builder" manages the truncatetail feature of the datagrid library.
5. Can install ready to use scripts in a datagrid group
DGH can install scripts for specific needs. For example, one of the numerous "ready to use script" available, allows to reorder lines in a datagrid, another one does the same for columns.
6. Can create custom Headers for your Columns (new in DGH 2.5)
DGH can custom your headers by using Images, Widgets Icons or Checkbox buttons. You can also change the sort icon for a sort widget icon.
7. Can install ready to use action scripts (new in DGH 2.5)
In DGH 2.5 you can now linked a button or a field to an action script for adding rows, deleting rows or search a value in a datagrid table or form.
8. Can add formulae and grand total to a datagrid table
DGH helps you to create formula for columns and to add grand formula function such as sum.
How To Purchase DGH?
Data Grid Helper comes in the price of $45 (or about 33 Euros)
You can purchase Data Grid Helper 2.5 by using paypal.
Just enter the registration name you want and your email for a reply. This will be a manual reply. So don't worry if we can take some times to reply.
How To Upgrade DGH to DGH 2.5?
You can upgrade to Data Grid Helper 2.5 by using paypal. For a limited time, the price of the upgrade is $30. Dear DGH User, just send us your DGH registration key to help us upgrade your version.