Our First Commands For controlling Pivot Tables are available!
We have provided our first commands for MS Excel Pivot Tables.
The Excel Library Commercial Version 1.1 includes 8 Pivot Table commands:
And we have worked on our documentation with the addition of a dedicated example for experimenting the new commands:
We are working on new commands for Pivot Tables.
The Excel Library 1.0 is Released!
Our Excel Library 1.0 is now released!
Thanks to all the Testers who helped in testing the Library in different versions of MS Excel.
This past Month, we especially focused our time in testing the library with the latest MS Excel versions:
- 2013 for Windows
- 2011 for Macintosh
We also done some improvements on the Library commands and on the Library documentation.
The library is available in two versions:
- An Open Source version is available in the Download section.
- A Commercial version including free updates and support during one Year.
The Christmas Mega Bundle 2013 Is Here
Our DataGrid Helper Plugin is included in the LiveCode Christmas Mega Bundle!
New Code Snippets Section
We have added a new "Code Snippets" section to our website. In this section we will share some code samples about LiveCode. The code presented could be of general purpose or relative to one of our products.
Our first snippet is about Importing a WorkSheet with our MS Excel Library.
New Plugin Challenge - The Intellisense Plugin
We have added a new entry in our In Progress list for a new challenge: creating a plugin capable of interacting with the LiveCode script Editor. In our "in progress version", auto completion popups are now a reality.
MS Library for LiveCode - Some News
Our MS Excel Library is in open beta since about one month now. This is not only the occasion to fix issues but also to confront the tool with differents users and how they are using it.
This is a good opportunity to improve the tool with users experience.
This past month we have added powerful commands for finding cells in a worksheet:
- XCEL_Sheet_LastFilledCell_Get which returns the last filled cell in a worksheet
- XCEL_Column_LastFilledCell_Get which returns the last filled cell in a column
- XCEL_Row_LastFilledCell_Get which returns the last filled row in a column
- XCEL_Sheet_Find which returns a list of all the cells containing a specified value, formula or comment
We have also added commands for dealing with print settings: page orientation, headers, footers, etc. It is for example possible to add a text or an image in the worksheet header or footer.
As a great improvement for Windows users, we are happy to announce we are now supporting saving workbooks in PDF formats (MS Excel 2007 or further required). This was supported for Macintosh since the first release.
In the next weeks we will add some examples to demonstrate how the tool is working and what it can do. And of course, we will continue to improve it for a final release planned for the end of October.
Feel free to visit our pages regularly to have news about the MS Excel Library and to send us questions or suggestions for improving the tool.
Controlling MS Excel using LiveCode!
Our library for controlling MS Excel with LiveCode comes in open beta! The library is compatible with MS Excel for Windows and Macintosh. If you have interest and time in testing this library, please drop us an email.
Note: The Library is directly communicating with MS Excel by using AppleScript (Mac) or Visual Basic (Windows). A copy of MS Excel is required on the computer where the library is used.
Any testers will receive the open beta package. This package is including:
1. The Excel_Lib library stack which contains about 150 commands and functions for scripting Excel. The commands are grouped in categories:
2. A full documentation of all the commands and functions available. For helping in the learning curve, the documentation includes a lab for directly experiment commands such as:
- including a shape to a workbook
- retrieving data from a workbook
- saving data from a field or a datagrid in a workbook
- creating a chart
- formatting and presenting data
|Documentation preview||Lab preview||Presenting data|
|Sharing data between LC and Excel - Pict 1||Sharing data between LC and Excel - Pict 2||Creating Charts|
New Website Look!
Our Website is back with a new look. We reorganized things for keeping alive only usefull links and presenting what we are doing with LiveCode.
Hope you will enjoy the new look!
Page 2 of 2