Our library for controlling MS Excel with LiveCode comes in open beta! The library is compatible with MS Excel for Windows and Macintosh. If you have interest and time in testing this library, please drop us an email.
Note: The Library is directly communicating with MS Excel by using AppleScript (Mac) or Visual Basic (Windows). A copy of MS Excel is required on the computer where the library is used.
Any testers will receive the open beta package. This package is including:
1. The Excel_Lib library stack which contains about 150 commands and functions for scripting Excel. The commands are grouped in categories:
2. A full documentation of all the commands and functions available. For helping in the learning curve, the documentation includes a lab for directly experiment commands such as:
- including a shape to a workbook
- retrieving data from a workbook
- saving data from a field or a datagrid in a workbook
- creating a chart
- formatting and presenting data
|Documentation preview||Lab preview||Presenting data|
|Sharing data between LC and Excel - Pict 1||Sharing data between LC and Excel - Pict 2||Creating Charts|